Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Share This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Vintage Radio Bank from Thrift Store sold!


Here's a fun item I found at a thrift store. It is a piggy bank (with no crack or chips!) I found at a thrift store for $1. I KNEW this would get attention as even a collector of radios would surely enjoy this on their shelf even just for fun.

The fact that it was in great shape was a find too! I did list this on eBay and it just sold for $46. Not too bad! I'm hoping someone bought it as a Christmas gift for a person who likes this sort of art deco decor. I know I would.

I do wish I had a spare guest room that I could decorate with fun stuff like this because every once in awhile I do love the items I find. But like everything else, I'll forget about it and move onto the next fun treasure.

The $46 definitely comes in handy too. The same week I also sold a Frankie Goes to Hollywood shirt I bought for 99 cents for $17.49. I also sold a teal vintage sweater I bought for $3.99 for $9.00 plus much more.

It's definitely motivating to sell sell sell! I popped into a Salvation Army the other day when I was feeling down and I of course found some neat items.

I'll show ya next time what I found. I'm so excited to list it!

Until next time.......

4 comments:

  1. Hi B. I'm so happy for the results of your forgotten merchandise sale. Very nice piece you had there indeed,good profit too. By the way, how do you keep track of what you paid for the huge amount of items you buy?.
    This blog entry and the previous one definitely gave me a boost regarding my thrift hunting and selling. If I feel that I'm failing, I just come here and read your blog a bit and I certainly leave feeling like a top business woman. Thank you for that Bri ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Extra...how sweet of you. I'm so glad you get motivated here. That's my hope! Ya know, somehow I just remember what I pay for things. I think because I get so excited when I find a deal that it's stored in my brain. However, if I wait too long I will forget. But I NEVER spend too much (usually under $5.) so no matter what I always make a profit. Any motivation you need just hollar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're a serious eBay seller, I would recommend the "I Sell" sheets from Lynn Dralle, the Queen of Auctions. You can learn more about them at her website, www.theQueenofAuctions.com. Just look under the "Products" tab. You fill out the sheets with all your info. I use them myself, and they're a great way to keep organized :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Serena, thanks for that tip! I'm gonna check that out.

    ReplyDelete

Followers